* Always start by misting a heat-protective spray on wet hair. Not only does it stop hair from drying out over time (which makes it much more frizz-prone), it helps create a barrier against environmental moisture.
* Add a little anti-frizz product. Just keep the application light, and if you can, skip the holding products (like mousse, styling cream). While the temptation is always to pile on more products when it’s crappy out, this actually makes frizz seem worse most of the time.
* Blow your hair bone dry. Absolutely no moisture should be left in the hair when you’re trying to maintain a blowout in humid air.
* Let your hair cool completely before stepping out into the elements (or finish your styling by using your dryer’s cold setting). This’ll ensure that your cuticle lays flat so water vapor can’t sneak its way in.
* Resist running your hands through your hair. I always thought the oils from my fingers helped smooth frizz