Monday, December 19, 2011

What NOT to Do in Photos

Ban black. I wear black almost every day, but for pictures, I try to wear a color. It makes my skin look better, and I don't look quite as severe. Photographer Matthew Rolston recommends red whenever possible. "It's the secret of the Valentino dress—red pops right out of the frame."

Skip the highlighter. I love to wear highlighter on my lids and cheeks for a special occasion, but in pictures, it just reflects the flash. “Leave the shiny stuff to the 16-year-old Gucci models,” photographer Patrick McMullan says. “If you’re going to be photographed, wear a matte foundation, which distributes the light better.” (I stick with pressed powder and mascara. Lots of mascara.)

Don't square off. There's a reason stars always pose so you get a side view: You look thinner than if you face the camera straight-on. "Never face the camera squarely," says Matthew Rolston. "Angle your body slgihtly and put one or both hands on your hips. Your shoulders and elbows will create a tirangle that makes your hips look smaller and shows off your waistline."

Via Allure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...